Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What we've been up to lately...

We celebrated our 6 month anniversary by putting up our Christmas tree! Now our big bay window has a tree shining brightly in it. Our favorite room just got more warm and inviting!

I got to experience a Schmerse family tradition: Thanksgiving at "the farm." Mark's dad grew up on a dairy farm in southern wisconsin, and his grandparents are finally moving into an apartment in the spring. It was so special for me to be a part of this tradition of theirs that has played a big part in Mark's family's history. I also got to ride a 1950's John Deere tractor, and in the process of getting it started, we rear-ended his dad [on another tractor] and almost went head-first into a cement silo. Woops!


Mark and I don't have a TV, so we have to be creative with our time. One night we didn't know what to do with ourselves, so we drew pictures of one another. There is nothing in our frames yet, so they made the cut :).

This is Mark making a smore...bonfire style :). Hey...we live in the city...we have to make do with what we have!

4 comments:

pk said...

Ah, I love the picture updates! Great stuff. Mark told me about the tractor catastrophe; sounded pretty crazy! Interestingly, though, looking at that picture of Mark on the tractor gives me a feel for what he will look like when he's 45 yrs old and weighs 215 pounds. Those layers are making him look a bit pudgy ;-)

Hey, what did you think of RENT?

Anonymous said...

awww...fun times when you don't have a tv :) and when you fender bender a tractor... ai ya :) (Chinese for "oops")
blessings...
Caitlin

rebekah said...

hey jess -- looking good :) miss you guys!

The Chinlund Family said...

You know when we were at your house the other night I saw those pictures and wanted to ask, but didn't. I'm glad I know now!