Wednesday, November 02, 2005

::Inspired and Refreshed::

I got to spend this past weekend with amazing people. We first had Adam and Christin Jones visiting from Ft. Wayne, IN. Christin was my roommate for 2 years at school, and has been a faithful friend since we graduated. We got to spend two wonderful days with them, and then we all hopped in our cars and caravaned back to Indiana, where Mark and I spent two more wonderful days at IWU. Mark spoke in a chapel, and we spent the rest of our time hanging out. I recruited some of my best friends to make the trek to IWU as well...so it was good times had by all. So refreshing. There's just something rejuvinating about spending time with people who know you and love you and who are just simply familiar.

It was during one conversation that someone said, "People don't energize me, but they inspire me." My first thought was, "YES!" I claim to be an introvert that truly does love to be around people. However, being married to an extreme extrovert makes me realize how much of an introvert I really am. I love people, but after spending all day being around tons of people [especially people I don't know well], I feel drained. All I want to do is go and close myself in a room and recoup. It's always been a funny thing for me to pin-point, but I think she said it best. I often leave people and feel inspired, but not energized.

So here I am--back in Rock Island, back to work as usual. Lots to do...lots to think about...yet strangely not the same. I definitely don't feel energized after a long weekend with people, but I do feel inspired. I do feel refreshed.

And I can't wait for 4:30 when I can go home and take a nap :).

3 comments:

pk said...

Hey Jess, it was great seeing you two this weekend. Too quick; but still great.

Have a great time in Wisconsin, hopefully being inspired by people.

Dan and Tiffany said...

Hey Jess! I'm glad you got to go visit IWU and got re-energized. Dan and I are getting ready to do the same...wish we could have seen you! I totally agree with you about people inspiring you...I have experienced that myself. It's good to read something you can relate to =) Hope to see you guys over the Holidays as we will be in town! Luv Ya!

Jess said...

Thanks Tiff! I'll look forward to seeing you when you're around...make sure you email or give me a call!