Sunday, July 11, 2010

Take Two: French's Dome

I got the chance to go rock climbing again Saturday. That is twice in one week, which is crazy, but it just worked out that way. I found some climbing shoes on craigslist for $5, which is a steal, and I needed to try them out. Let's use that as an excuse. Do I need an excuse? :)

We went to French's Dome, which is near to the Salmon River Slab where we went last time. There were a lot more people out, but we had so much fun and it was cool to see some people attempting the harder routes that we can't do yet!

My friend Julie was rock climbing outdoors for the first time, and she bravely attempted it with tennis shoes. It is MUCH harder to climb in tennis shoes because they don't stick to the rock nearly as well. Danielle says that going from tennis shoes to climbing shoes "feels like magic." Either way, Julie did a great job! She's the one on the far left.

Julie on her first outdoor climb ever! Andy is belaying her.

Me at the top of climb #2. I took up the camera because I was told there would be some great views of Mt. Hood. Yes, I'm clinging to the side of a rock taking a picture :).

The view down to where Danielle is belaying me.

I believe this was on my third climb of the day.

Danielle is practically a mountain goat. She makes it look so easy!

Danielle repelling after "cleaning" the route (getting the rope ready to come down).

Super fun!

No comments: