Wednesday, April 16, 2008

PCT Here We Come!

In just a little over a week, a dream will have begun
for Mark and I. We both love backpacking, and it has
been a dream of ours to hike the whole Pacific Crest
Trail, Mexico to Canada, 2,650 miles, in one long,
four month stretch. It's something we knew we wanted
to do before we had kids, and on April 26th we board a
plane to San Diego to begin the trek that will take us
all summer. We are pumped!

When we tell people that we are going to do this, most
look at us with wonder and say, "Wow! I can't believe
you're going to do that!" Which I often think equals
out to something like, "You guys are nuts!" It is
going to be an incredible journey with ups and downs
just like any season of life has. I know there will
be days when we think, "This is amazing! I can't
believe I get to do this!" and there will be days
where we think, "What the heck are we doing? Why are
we out here doing this?" The trick will be to push
through those times and continue on, even when the
going gets tough.

Please join us on this journey. We are hoping to be
able to update this blog as we are able so that you
can follow the journey along with us. We would love
to hear from you and will soon have our mail drops
posted so you can send us letters, food--whatever your
heart desires :). We will look forward to hearing
from you, even if it's just a comment on the blog.

10 days and counting...

4 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

Oh my goodness! This is so exciting..im kinda jealous! :) Cant wait to see you guys before you take off.

Keith Drury said...

I'm leaving for the Appalachian Trail same week... hope you post mail drops here before I leave... maybe we can cross-trail postcard each other!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will be an awesome trek for you! We'll be with you in spirit everyday...and praying for protection and great pictures!
Love, Dave and Linda

B,P,R,S & L said...

So, does this mean that you have decided where you're going to seminary?