Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Writing Again

Awhile back I posted a link to a few articles I wrote for WInc Magazine [here and here], a local publication put out by the Iowa local newspapers that celebrates women. Unfortunately, WInc was cancelled in March, which sent me hunting for a new outlet to write. I met with an editor at the Argus/Dispatch, the local newspapers on the Illinois side, and had my first article published in the papers today!

It's a slow process, but I am excited for the opportunity to learn and grow as a writer. I never really saw myself as a journalist, but I am really starting to love it, and I think it really fits my personality. You also get to meet some interesting people and learn about hobbies and interests you didn't even know existed!

If you are interested in reading my article, click here.

4 comments:

Estoked said...

HOW COOL!!!

Nik the Brit said...

thats awesome jess...im so excited for you. You were always good with words!

pk said...

Hey Jess-- That's some pretty cool stuff. I admire your go-getter attitude to just make this writing thing happen.

(I tried to click the link but I had to have some kind of password?)

Jess said...

Hmm...apparently once it's archived you have to be a subscriber to the newspaper to read the articles. Sorry! Ha...I can't even read it since I'm not a subscriber! Thanks for the heads up!