Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Fondue Experience

Last weekend, Mark and I were recruited as one of four couples to share at our church's Marriage Enrichment night. We got to share on adjustments in marriage, which was right up our alley, and Mark's parents were one of the couples to attend. The night went really well and was a lot of fun! They even had this fun, prom-like background for us to take pictures by!

These next few pictures are a little dark, but it was dark in the restaurant, and a flash would have been a little distracting to our fellow diners. For my 24th bday, Mark took me out to dinner at Crave, a bar, grille, and fondue room in Davenport. It was so awesome! It was a 3-course meal, but was really more of an experience than anything else. They even had tables with heated centers so our fondue would stay warm through the whole, tasty meal. Luckily for us, my bday was on a monday, and our fondue experience was half-price :)


The fondue pot and my plate.

Jess "fonduing"

4 comments:

pk said...

There's starting to become a pot theme to your posts. Just keep it to this kind of pot, OK?

The fondue looks amazing. What all did you have there to dip into it?

Nik the Brit said...

Jess, you are looking great! Fondue is so fun. Have you ever tried Nutella fondue? its amazing....

Jess said...

PK:
course1: cheese fondue with chips, veggies, and bread to dip.

course2: steak and chicken, potatoes and mushrooms to cook in the pot, with an array of sauces to dip into after cooking.

course3: chocolate fondue with fruit, pretzels, and other desserty things to dip.

I'll try to steer clear of the pots from here on out...I'm running out of healthy options :).

Micah Dormann said...

Jess and Mark:
Hey guys I'm glad to hear that the birthday day went well, and life is going well. Thanks for the fun stories I've been reading them and enjoying a little laugh. Thanks for being people I can look up to!!! talk to ya'll later!