Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A week or two ago, I was sitting in the living room working on my computer and Mark was doing something in another room, when I heard a little tinkering sound coming from the kitchen. Confused, knowing that Mark wasn't in the kitchen, I leaned forward on the couch to peak in, and to my surprise, there was a mouse on the stove, eating my freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! If you look really closely, you can see his little nose peaking out from the stove.

This is the trap we used to catch him :). We used PB and chocolate, after discovering that our mice [the two of them] were chocoholics. They didn't respond to the PB alone, but after finding a piece of chocolate had been eaten out of my purse, we put a piece of chocolate on the traps and got em within a few hours!


This is Brooke, a girl I mentor, and her boyfriend, Patrick. We took them out to dinner and they ordered the largest calzone I've ever seen.

Mark watching the olympics. Yep...that's a 4" TV he's watching. It didn't last too long. We eventually went and bought a 20" for the very purpose of watching the Olympics. There's a good chance it will go back when they're over. Yay for 60 day return policies.

This is what I did to Mark's parents' new stove on Friday. Little did I know she stored a plastic dish wash bin in her stove. I didn't even think to look inside before pre-heating - my parents never stored anything in their stove [marriage lesson!]. So, needless to say, Mark and I spent our Friday afternoon cleaning plastic out of the stove, and it is looking good as new. The house smelled a little peculiar for a bit, but luckily they are gracious people and there was no long-term damage.

8 comments:

rebekah said...

jess, i like this post. it is very "this-is-mark-and-jess's-real-life."

i had a little problem with mice a few months ago (okay, seven of them!!!!) and i am absolutely, unnaturally terrified of the little guys. i can't belive you got a picture!

Brooke Kind said...

how hilarious! i love it! miss you guys...pk is coming to visit at the end of april...maybe you two should come too! ;)

miss ya,

brooke

pk said...

That mouse was a cute little guy. Too bad you had to go a KILL him!

We've had dead mouse smell down in my basement/the church office for a week now. We just covered it up with a Febreeze plug-in. Ahhhh...nice scenty goodness.

Jill said...

you brought a smile to my face :)
Love you, Jess!

Anonymous said...

Hey, your melted dish looks like Josh's birthday cake...excepted you were unaware of the volcano plate!..always love talking to you.

Anonymous said...

I dont know how to write, or at least spell =) I guess it falls under the category of my stories never really making sense.

The Chinlund Family said...

AHHH!!! That mouse would've scared the crap out of me! I'm glad you got him, although he is kinda cute :)

Anonymous said...

lol, i cant believe you got that pic of the mouse, i would think he'd run away!
Funny about the bowl too :)