Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Mark!

Today is Mark's 28th Birthday...28 on the 28th. This is probably more exciting when you are little than when you are 28, but it is what it is, and today Mark turned 28 :). We are very blessed to have Mark's parents with us. They are back out in Oregon to help work on cabins and to do some work at the same camp they were at last fall, and they came down to come to church with us and then spend a couple days with us.

We went out to lunch to a seafood grille, and they made Mark wear this fish hat and have his picture taken. Luckily he got a hot fudge sundae for his humiliation. Isn't he lucky I put this picture on the blog? ;)
Our wonderful church family planned a surprise brunch between services this morning as well. There was a cake, homemade cinnamon rolls, fruit, and a plethora of quiche-like dishes. It was all so yummy and such a fantastic surprise. I must confess that I knew for a few days, but luckily I was able to keep it a secret from Mark. He was truly surprised! Oh, did I mention they sang "Happy Birthday" to him in both services?

It's crazy to me that this is his 7th birthday that we've celebrated together- two before we were married and five since we've been married. I'm amazed at how far we've come and how much we've learned. It has been a journey that I wouldn't trade for the world, and I look forward to many more birthdays celebrated together...hopefully without the fish hat :).

Happy Birthday, Mark! I love you!

2 comments:

Our Blessed Nest said...

Happy Belated birthday Mark!

STEPHANIE. said...

happy bday to Mark!! (yep, i guess that would be belated as well.) :)