Friday, May 30, 2008

May 29: Default Zero Day

We took a zero day in Mojave, kind of by default. We had planned on overnighting in Mojave and then walking a few days and overnighting in Onyx, mostly just to kill some time before hitting Kennedy Meadows and the start of the High Sierras. But while in Mojave, we found out that Onyx was basically a Post Office and a convenience store, so this, along with the coziness of our Motel room, lured us into spending two nights in Mojave instead.

We didn't do much (which is kind of the point); we slept in, ate food, hit the PO and grocery store, watched TV and just tried not to walk much.

My (Jess) parents sent us a box of great goodies, which was very cool (thanks mom and dad!). We ate some and saved some for the hike. Our friends, Chad and Kate, who are mailing our stuff to us along the way also put some fun stuff in with the box they mailed us (thanks guys!).
Also, the local librarian let me take a book to read for the couple days we were in town on the promise I'd drop it in the return box before we leave (like I would want to carry a hard-cover book anyway!). So I also got to read the fourth and final book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Not your most intellectual read, but easy and entertaining since I'd read the other three a few years ago. What a nice librarian :).

I got to read and Mark got to watch basketball. It was a great day!

Total Miles:558.3
Miles Today:0
Camp 32:Mojave Motel 6


------------------------------
Allow us to help those in need, sell back your spare PocketMail and make some extra pocket money.

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

Happy late anniversary...sorry I usually catch up on the your blog a few posts at a time.I am so glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys. I hope you are taking pictures, cant wait for August-ish to roll around quickly.