Sunday, April 08, 2007

March Madness

So, I just noticed that my last post was in February and now it's April. So, if anyone still reads this blog, sorry!

March has been one of the craziest months in a long time. I remember looking at the calendar thinking it was going to be one heck of a busy month, and it certainly shaped up to be just that!

What have we been up to, you ask? Well, since you asked, I'd be happy to fill you in a bit :).

Starting at the beginning of the month, on March 9-10, the Heritage Discipleship Dept, of which I am a part, sponsered what we called a "Spiritual Growth Experience." Essencially it was a Friday night and Saturday morning time that we called "The Road Less Traveled." Kevin Myers, the Senior Pastor at Crossroads Community Church near Atlanta, GA was our main speaker. Kevin was supposed to share the speaking with Dr. Bud Bence, one of our profs from IWU, but unfortunatley, on his way here, Bud stopped at a fast food restaurant to get some food, stepped on a railroad tie, and it rolled underneath him. We got a call that said he had dislocated his elbow and that he was rushed to the emergency room. Luckily he is doing okay and Kevin was able to take over the extra speaking times and did a FANTASTIC job. It was a VERY powerful weekend, and I think a challenging weekend for those in our congregation who were able to make the commitment to come.

After that, Mark and I headed out to Denver for a wonderful week of snowboarding and hanging with Em and Josh in their sweet new downtown apt that sits on top of the Tattered Cover Book Store on the infamous 16th St. Mall. We had a blast hanging out, walking around, and spending time on the slopes of Winter Park and Copper Mountain.

We returned from Colorado on a Friday, had two young adult events that weekend, and a couple days later I hopped on a plane and headed for Stroudsburg, PA for a FLAME Church Leadership class...my final class needed for pastoral licensing. And when I say "hopped on a plane," what I really mean is "sat in O'Hare for 11 hours before barely boarding a plane." Yeah...I figure it's my penance for never really having been delayed before. Luckily my teacher was gracious and still gave me credit even though I missed the first four hours of a 2.5 day class.

Well, Looking forward to a less crazy April and a warmer spring [it's APRIL and the high is in the 30's! Brrr!]

1 comment:

pk said...

So glad to see you back in action on the blog!
Good to talk to you today.