Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas and Surfing

We got to spend our Christmas in Wisconsin with my family and the beginning of the New Year in Orlando at The Gathering. Here are a few pics to catch you up on our lives as of recent.
King Crab Legs. Yep. My dad actually caught these King Crabs when he was in Alaska this past summer. They're huge, and hugely yummy :). By the way, not only is my dad a great fisherman, but he's also a great cook!

Meet my family.

My sister Bethany is one of the best cosmetologists I know. Put a pair of sissors in her hand and point her toward my head and I wouldn't even question her judgment or her talent. The unfortunate thing is that she lives in TX, and thus is way out of my price range for regular hair cuts :).

This is what she did to my hair. Thanks Bethany!


We got to spend several days down in Orlando for The Gathering, a Wesleyan pastors conference. We had one afternoon off, and so Mark and I, along with Paul Kind and Brandon and Jen Bruce headed for the beach. Brandon has been surfing for awhile now, so we asked him to teach us. We were able to rent our boards and wet suits from Ron Jon's for $15. It was such a great day! Thanks Brandon for "sacrificing" a day to teach us!



Here we are headed to waves.




We used boards that were a little big for us b/c Brandon said it would be easier to catch the waves and learn. We all ended up standing on our boards riding a wave several times during out 2.5 hour stint at Cocoa Beach. It was a blast, and I can't wait to do it again!

We stayed an extra day past the conference in the Orlando area to visit Mark's grandma, who is 96 years old. She doesn't always remember who you are, but she is super sweet and fun to talk with!







9 comments:

About Brandon said...

What's up fellow surfers?!

Jennifer and I had a blast hanging with you guys. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again in the near future!

Brandon

rebekah said...

great pictures -- i love checking in on you both every once in a while. if you are ever in the tennessee neck of the woods, please, please get in touch with me! tell mark hi! much love...

Josh Jackson said...

Jess -

Word on the 2 books. I'll send them out this weekend to the address you left on my Blog. You can mail a check for $14 to:

JJ
279 N. Euclid Ave.
Apt. 4
Pasadena, CA 91101

OR...you can PayPal me the money to my email address. This would be way easier if you have an account!

Cheers to you guys...

kate debaene said...

it's about time! great pictures. i could use a little surf and florida sunshine here myself. miss you guys - your hair looks cute!

Nik the Brit said...

You look for beautiful in that pic of you all at Ron Jons....LOVE the hair. U are so cute!

The Chinlund Family said...

I love that you got to surf... I really want to try it one day! Chad and I just got back from Florida last night, so let's plan on getting together soon ok? I'll give you a call--I miss you!

Unknown said...

WOW, real live surfers! You guys are so cool!!:)
It was super good to see you, even though it was somewhat brief!
You guys are great, just seeing your faces makes me smile!:)
Love ya
Danielle:)

Josh Jackson said...

PayPal email:

joshjackson.la @ gmail.com

Thanks! Enjoy!

pk said...

Looking at these pictures again makes me miss you guys! Wish I could just call you two up to go hang out.