Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Oregon::Washington Recap

Our view of Mt. Hood from the airplane. Sweet huh? Our biggest goal in heading out to Oregon [besides celebrating our anniversary] was to climb Hood. Our intended route is on the side you can't see from this picture :).

View of Mt. Hood from Timberline Lodge, where the route begins.


Mt. Hood has year-round skiiing and snowboarding...it was wet snow, but so fun...and I thought my snowboarding season was over!


Mark at the top of the Palmer Glacier with our climbing route in the background.

Yep, that's me on a snowboard!

Mark headed up toward Illumination Rock and the Hogsback.

Our crampons that kept us firmly planted in the crunchy early-morning snow.

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

Um, can we be friends???

So, I have been reading another blog - Paul's and linked to your blog through your comments.

So exciting! We are in a similar life situation: my husband and I are recently married (married for 1 year and 2 months), figuring out how to get involved in a church/minister to people close to our own age (our age group seems to be "missing" in churches where we're located), and we seem to have a similar passion for mountains!

Marcus and I climbed a bunch in Colorado during the last 2 years- we'd tackled 3 14'ers each before we met. We LOVE to hike, camp, learn new places to explore, and meet others who have the itch for the outdoors.

Wow - I sense a connection coming! Just wanted you to know that I would be interested in hearing more/reading more on your blog about your life - and it'd be fun to make a connection with others who are like-minded and have similar interests as we do.

So there ya go!

Estoked said...

I was thinking about you guys this past weekend and remembering what a great time it was at your wedding. Congrats! For year number 1 and on to #2. I loved the pictures. I have some great memories of Multnomah too. Looking forward to seeing you this summer. Much love.