Saturday, August 28, 2010

Harvest Time

Now is the time for harvest. Here are a few pictures of the veggies that are growing on my plants. I am pretty continually eating cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, and onions from my garden. It's pretty awesome. Here are a few pics of what's growing. Since we lost our camera while kayaking (yes, this should be a post with pictures of us kayaking the North Fork of the Santiam River), I took these pictures on my cell phone - my 5-year-old cell phone :). Sorry if they're a bit blurry!

carrots. notice they aren't as "pretty" as the ones you buy in the store.

onions...I love onions, so I love that I get to grow them! they make my eyes water way more than the ones I buy though!

green peppers. I have red ones, too, but none of them are red yet.

the ever-expanding cucumber vine. we have to work to keep up with these guys!

zucchini. these are MUCH bigger than the ones you buy at the store!

roma tomatoes. I am getting one or two of these at a time. however, my plant has enough tomatoes on it to can bottles and bottles of salsa. if only they would turn red...

big boy tomatoes. i haven't had one red one yet, but there is an abundance of these as well. I can't wait!

Thanks again, Dad for helping me out! Hope you enjoy the update!

3 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

Jess! These looks awesome!!! I want to come over for lunch! :) Those cucumbers look delish! yum! Good job!

p.s. I responded to your comment on my blog- we are moving to Des Moines. :)

Anonymous said...

Have any of your tomatoes turned red yet? You better tell them it is September!! The rest of the veggies look great! Guess they mature faster than tomatoes. Linda

keith jagger said...

ymm...Good work tilling the soil!

kj